The Beginners Guide to Playing Rift- Part Two
The Beginners Guide is designed to give you an overview of the callings in Rift
The Beginners Guide will hopefully help you understand the game and assist you in successfully and quickly leveling up
In this article titled The Beginners Guide-Part Two, I will conclude my previous discussion on how to play Rift: Planes of Telara. In Part One, I talked about how to choose a shard and a faction. In this second part, I’ll discuss the basics of building your Rift character.
Step Three in the beginners guide: Pick a Gender and Race Both factions have three distinctive races. You’ll pick one of the three affiliated with your faction and decide on a gender. (note: steps one and two are in the first article, there is a link above; so go check it out)
* Defiant Races: The Defiant races are the Bahmi (air beings), Eth (nomads), and Kelari (dark elves). * Your avatar’s gender will be male or female. It is easy to further modify the physical look of the character so it will be distinctive. Rift provides an endless variety of selections.
Step Four: Pick out a Calling Now you must pick a calling. Your options are Warrior, Cleric, Rogue and Mage. Those callings are the same for the Guardian class and the Defiant class. Callings define which classes (or souls) you have access to and their base attributes:
* Clerics: Widely acknowledged for their capacity to cure injuries and heal ailments, but they also have the ability to wield enchantment.
* Mages: Mighty magicians that will hold their own on the offensive battlefield.
* Rogues: Mature combatants and dynamic thinkers who use every available tool to skew the battleground to their benefit.
* Warriors: Tough, regimented heroes that can be counted on to guard the weak.
In the beginners guide to playing Rift here is the Final Step: Select Your Classes (Souls) Your avatar gets highly defined and draws its unique powers and skills via a process called Soul Atunement. Through this method, you will decide on the abilities and powers that you’ll draw on to fight with. The souls your characters absorb are those who were killed during the Great Shade War. Both callings have access to eight distinct souls. (A ninth soul will be available for PvP players later on in the game.) Part of Rift game strategy entails selecting the calling that offers you access to the mixture of souls you are looking for to advance your avatar through the game.
You can pick a total of three souls within your calling prior to your leaving the first area. When you progress throughout the game, you will have the opportunity to augment or exchange your souls so you will have access to the assorted skills and abilities you will need for the different battles you come across.
The Beginners Guide has prepared you for playing Rift! About the Author Jason McNabb is an avid gamer, with his latest favorite being Rift: Planes of Telara.
The Beginners Guide to Playing Rift – Part Two was designed to help you successfully and quickly level up in the game.